For the history of one of San Diego’s towns to the East, visit the McKinney House and Museum with its old architecture, photographs and artifacts.
2nd and 4th Saturday every month 1pm-4pm
8369 University Avenue, La Mesa CA 91941
Home of the La Mesa Historical Society, the McKinney House and Museum is a great historical find in San Diego County. The house belonged to Reverend Henry A. McKinney and his wife, who both moved to the area in 1899. The Reverend was one of the first ministers of the La Mesa Methodist Episcopal Church and wore many other hats as well, including businessman, lemon rancher, librarian and school trustee…talk about a Renaissance Man! The Palermo building is another holding of the La Mesa Historical Society and is a great complement to the McKinney House with its 1,500 photos showing early La Mesa.
*Hours, prices, etc all subject to change. Check the location’s website to confirm.