Here’s your San Diego weekend guide. Enjoy these 10 activities to make your weekend awesome!
- Celebrate the grape at Escondido’s Grape Day Celebration on Saturday. So much to do and so little time: make sure to at least fit in some grape stomping, band listening and fun zone playing!
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Galaxy of Glass at Fallbrook Art Center and Art Auction 2014 at Oceanside Museum of Art (just opened). Closing this weekend: Spanish Sojourns at San Diego Museum of Art (closes Tuesday) and Explor-O-Rama at Reuben H. Fleet Science Center.
- Pick up some ideas at the San Diego Fall Home Show all weekend. Activities, demos, vendors and more await at the San Diego Convention Center. Did we mention it’s free?
- Feel it in your soul at the San Diego Blues Festival all weekend. The Embarcadero is the place for great beats and cool cats.
- March the parade for Poway Days. This community annual event is in its 50th year and features a parade and 5K.
- Enjoy some works of art at the Fiesta de Kustom Kulture in Old Town on Saturday. What types of art you may ask…cool cars!
- Play on the beach with the Mission Beach Centennial’s OMBAC Volleyball Tournament all day Saturday. Costumes, beer garden and more fun will go along with the tourny.
- Get cultured at the San Diego Brazilian Day Festival in Pacific Beach on Sunday. Enjoy dancing, music, food and fun a la Brazilian style!
- Hang ten for the San Diego Surf for the Sea Contest in Oceanside. Or while you’re at it, enjoy the dog version with the Surf Dog Surf-a-thon Surfing Contest in Del Mar!
- Participate in a 9/11 benefit race. We like the 9/11 Heroes Run in Liberty Station and the San Diego 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb and Festival at the San Diego Bayfront Hilton.