Here’s your San Diego weekend guide. Enjoy these 10 activities to make your weekend awesome!
- Enjoy community at the Imperial Avenue Street Festival on Saturday. This first annual festival features entertainment, activities, artists and more.
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: San Diego Silk Guide at Spanish Village Art Center (just opened) and Jack Whitten: Five Decades of Painting at MCASD: La Jolla. Closing this weekend: James Drake: Anatomy of Drawing and Space )Brain Trash) at MCASD: Downtown.
- Feel the need for speed at Coronado Fleet Week Speed Festival all weekend. Or at least watch some awesome auto racing and exhibits.
- Listen to some great music at the Carlsbad Music Festival all weekend. Sign us up for adventurous music by the beach!
- Spice it up at the San Diego Sriracha Festival on Saturday. Lots of chefs and restaurants creating delish food with, you guessed it, sriracha. Eyes watering already?
- Watch some flicks at the La Costa Film Festival all weekend. There’s a lot of films playing at 3 different sites all weekend…get to planning!
- Eat up for San Diego Restuarant Week. Sunday marks the first day for eating at over 180 participating restaurants.
- Enter your cutie in the 3rd Annual Pet Parade on Sunday in Coronado. We love all the parade categories, fun activities and chili contest scheduled!
- Get some wedding ideas at the San Diego Gay & Lesbian Wedding Festival on Sunday. This free event at the Horton Grand Hotel is a must for plenty of ideas, wedding pro contacts and samples.
- Drink some brews at the Encinitas Oktoberfest on Sunday. With this heat, it’s hard to believe it’s that time of year…but fall festivities here we go!
Happy San Diego Weekend!