Here’s your San Diego Weekend Guide for August 23rd and 24th:
- Look to the stars at the Julian StarFest 2014 all weekend. The town of Julian is host to many activities including a free public star party on Saturday night.
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Accent on Watercolor Group at Spanish Village Art Center. Closing this weekend: Wet Birds Don’t Fly at Night at Oceanside Museum of Art and Sorolla and America at San Diego Museum of Art (closes Tuesday).
- Pedal, pick, and grin for Suzie’s Farm’s Pedal, Pick, and Grin event. Pick some veggies, partake in a bike parade or just enjoy the family on Saturday.
- Drink up at the San Diego Spirits Festival all weekend. Enjoy more than 60 spirit brands, 12 restaurants, entertainment and more at the Port Pavilion for one of the top cocktail festivals in America.
- Or if beer is more your thing, grab a pint for the Mira Mesa Festival of Beers on Saturday. There’ll be 24 breweries with over 50 beer to sample and enjoy.
- Chow down for the Valley Center Food Truck Festival on Saturday. Food trucks (16), beer, music, and 80’s costume contest…how can you go wrong?
- Place your bets for the Pacific Classic at the Del Mar Racetrack on Sunday. This $1 million race is the top for the season at the track.
- Enjoy the San Diego Korean Film Festival all weekend. This popular festival features 8 great films, but good luck getting tickets!
- Stroll the boulevard for the LeucadiART Walk on Sunday. Leucadia draws more than 5,000 people to this annual event for the art, entertainment, food and more.
- Cycle with the crowd for the Bike the Bay on Sunday. If you take the challenge, you’ll get to cross the Coronado Bridge on your bike!
Make it a great weekend San Diego!