Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (July 26-27, 2014):
- Dress up for Comic-Con! If you have tickets, you’re all set; if you don’t, check out these ideas for things to do to celebrate this huge weekend in San Diego.
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: The Art of Fantasia and Other Disney Classics at California Center for the Arts and Quilt National at Oceanside Museum of Art. Closing this weekend: Manifestations of Sibyl REDUX at La Jolla Athenaeum, Bay Park Press Interns at La Jolla Athenaeum, and Beverly Penn at Lux Art Institute.
- Drink some beer at the Del Mar Racetrack on Saturday. The San Diego Beer Fest will feature over 100 craft brews, plus a day of races.
- Or dress up and drink some beer at the Heroes Brew Craft Beer Festival. This Saturday Embarcadero event features more than 80 craft beers and costume contests.
- Pick up a coin or two at the Coinarama Coin Show all weekend. Coins galore await at Scottish Rite Center, along with auctions, appraisals and more.
- Enjoy community at the South Park Summer Walkabout. This Saturday’s event will celebrate Comic-Con and the 50th anniversary of the walkabout in South Park.
- Get your records at the San Diego Record Show. The LGBT Community Center in Hillcrest hosts this cool Saturday event.
- Listen to the drums at the Obon Festival in Vista all weekend. Lots of performances, activities, exhibits, food and more.
- Cheer on competitors at the Solana Beach Triathlon on Sunday. The beautiful course makes for great views of the racers and the beach.
- Grab a seat aboard the USS Midway for a Gospel Concert on Sunday. We love the events the USS Midway holds (and how cool would a gospel concert be aboard the Midway!).
Dying for more awesome summer events and activities in San Diego? Sign up for our weekly San Diego newsletter and automatically get your free Ultimate San Diego Summer Guide 2014: