Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (July 19-20, 2014):
- Party for San Diego Pride Weekend! One of the best weekend events in San Diego with lots of awesome activities.
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: The Cutri Gift at USD. Closing this weekend: Hand Dyed Challenge at Visions Art Museum, The American Tapestry Biennial 10 at Visions Art Museum, Fugitive Pieces at Visions Art Museum, An Alaskan Persepctive at Visions Art Museum and SVAC and Art in Bloom at Spanish Village.
- Watch the competitors at the Over the Line Tournament all weekend. This is the final weekend on Fiesta Island so get out and enjoy the best of the best.
- Pick up some goods at the Folk Art Market all weekend. The San Diego Museum of Man hosts a market inspired by their Empowering Women exhibit and it’ll be full of around-the-world shopping opportunities.
- Get some sun at the Summersun Fest. Oceanside is the place to be on Saturday for great music and lots of fun.
- Check out elaborate sandcastles at the Imperial Beach Sun & Sea Festival on Saturday. Great for the whole family with activities, food fair, parade and more.
- Place your bets at the Del Mar Racetrack all weekend. It’s opening weekend…let the excitement begin!
- Celebrate the Mission with the Festival of the Bells 2014. This weekend event celebrates the start of the Mission San Diego with activities, entertainment, food and a blessing of the animals (our puggle totally needs to do this!).
- Enjoy some art at the Art in Bloom event all weekend. Spanish Village Art Center comes alive with flowers, entertainment and even more art demos than normal.
- Cheer on the racers at the Carlsbad Grand Prix on Sunday. This elite bike race will also have an expo for racers and spectators.
Dying for more awesome summer events and activities in San Diego? Sign up for our weekly San Diego newsletter and automatically get your free Ultimate San Diego Summer Guide 2014: