Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (July 12-13, 2014):
- Get your ‘om’ on for free yoga on the USS Midway Saturday morning! The Downtown San Diego Partnership started a great program called ‘Healthy Living in the City’ and this is one of the cool events. (More yoga at the Yoga Journal Conference all weekend too with a few free community activities!).
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: James Drake at MCASD: Downtown (opened Thursday). Closing this weekend: Shilpi Prasad at Spanish Village Art Center.
- Watch the masters (and amateurs) of the Over the Line Tournament all weekend. This is the first weekend of this awesome 2 week annual event and drinking’s allowed this year!
- Walk with your cutie at the Doggie Street Festival at Liberty Station on Saturday. Fun, food, activities and lots of adoption opportunities.
- Show some pride at the She Fest on Saturday. This woman-centered event organized by San Diego Pride has SO MANY cool activities, it’s a shame it’s only one day.
- Drink some wine at the San Diego Wine Country Festival on Saturday. Enjoy wines from different SD wineries, listen to music and get a “complimentary baguette” (who doesn’t want that?!).
- Listen to some music during the Ipalpiti Festival all weekend. The City of Encinitas hosts this fun event for the musically inclined.
- Celebrate the holidays early with the Christmas in July Artisan Fair. Mission San Luis Rey is the site for this weekend long shopping extravaganza.
- Be dazzled by all the competitors in the Carlsbad Triathlon on Sunday. Seriously, these guys and gals are rockstars!
- Bring the kids to the Insect Festival at the San Diego Botanic Garden. All kinds of creepy crawly bugs will be displayed with plenty of learning opportunities all weekend at the Garden.
Dying for more awesome summer events and activities in San Diego? Sign up for our weekly San Diego newsletter and automatically get your free Ultimate San Diego Summer Guide 2014: