the best exhibits at museums and more in San Diego this month
We’re so excited for the exhibits in San Diego this month. If you’ve been anywhere around the city, you might have already seen a few of the biggies advertised. Here are the best 17 exhibits to see this month!
- Aperture Remix, Museum of Photographic Arts. This newly opened exhibit includes many artists paying homage to influential Aperture publications.
- Sorrolla and America, San Diego Museum of Art. We love Sorrolla and have been waiting awhile for this exhibit to open. Luckily, it just did!
- Beverly Penn, Lux Art Institute. See the artist in studio as she creates a bronze sculpture and adds to her already impressive pieces. Just opened.
- Moving Movement, Japanese Friendship Garden. Enjoy ink paintings of creatures from Baja California in this newly opened exhibit.
- Orphan Cars, San Diego Automotive Museum. Check out cool cars from businesses no longer with us! Just opened this weekend.
- Yumi Climenson, Spanish Village Art Center. This free exhibit in Gallery 21 of the Village features the yin and yang work of Yumi. Opens June 11th and closes June 23rd.
- Treasures of The Tamayo Museum, Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego: La Jolla. Enjoy a cool exhibit with modern and contemporary art from one of the great museums of Mexico.
- SDSU Art Council Scholarship Exhibition, La Jolla Athenaeum. See some of the best art from SDSU undergrads and graduates. Closes June 14th.
- Illusion, Reuben H. Fleet Science Center. Nothing is as it seems in this exhibit for kids and adults. Now open.
- Seven: Our World Through Colored Pencil, Mission Trails Regional Park. Check out the works of 7 award winning artists in this exhibit before it closes June 20th.
- Surf Craft, Mingei International Museum. This is the perfect exhibit for summer…how did Mingei know? Opens June 21st.
- Bay Park Press Interns, La Jolla Athenaeum. Enjoy art from 3 interesting artists when this exhibit opens June 21st. We love the illustration above!
- Cabrillo National Monument. The visitor center has reopened after being retrofitted. Enjoy this great San Diego history site.
- Secrets and Lies, Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego: Downtown. You have until June 22nd to be deceived with this interesting exhibit.
- The History of US Navy SEALS in Coronado, Coronado Museum of History and Art. We heart our military in SD. Learn more about one branch and its impact on Coronado.
- Intersecting Lines, San Diego Central Library. San Diego artists come together for this cool library show. Closes early July.
- Presidio to Pacific Powerhouse. 10 museums in San Diego collaborated on this massive exhibit highlighting how the military shaped San Diego.