Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (June 7 and June 8, 2014):
- Practice some yoga. For a free event, go to the Central Library for a free outdoor class with Hale Holistic. For a great cause, go to Yoga for Hope at Petco Park.
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Moving Moment at Japanese Friendship Garden, Beverly Penn at Lux Art Institute and Orphan Cars at San Diego Automotive Museum.
- Walk around the San Diego County Fair this weekend! Opening day is Saturday and we have about a month to eat fried foods, ride rickety contraptions, drink to our hearts delight and more…We love it!
- Glimpse into the behind the scenes making of a farm with Farm Tour Day on Saturday. Take a tour of various farms, taste samplings and enjoy some fun activities.
- Take in some creative juices at Art Around Adams 2014 on Saturday. It’ll be a 2-mile walk of music and art so lots of creative juices will be flowing!
- Tour history with the Historic Home Tour all weekend. The Save Our Heritage Organisation (yes spelling is right!) hosts fun and interesting tours of many neighborhoods in San Diego.
- Listen to great music and eat some BBQ at the VC Music Festival at Bates Nut Farm on Saturday. And the best part? Free admission!
- Get cultured at the Encinitas Wine and Food Festival on Saturday. The San Diego Botanic Garden is the spot for wine and food to your hearts delight.
- Celebrate nature at World Oceans Day Celebration on Sunday. We love the events Birch Aquarium holds on their location and this one is no different.
- Enjoy the show all weekend. The Air Show that is! Lots of cool aircraft and a honoring of the 70th Anniversary of DDay (that’s today. We are forever grateful for all the Americans who gave their lives 70 years ago.).
Like staying in the know? Make sure to follow our newsletter! You get a weekly roundup of happenings around San Diego and much more!