Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (June 28 and June 29, 2014):
- Enjoy the outdoors at the Ocean Beach Street Fair and Chili Cook-off on Saturday. It’s the 35th year of this awesome event and sure to be a great time!
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Transferring Ink 3 Printmaking Show at Fallbrook Art Center. Closing this weekend: Silent Storms and Sand Strokes at Spanish Village Art Center.
- Cruise the San Diego County Fair all weekend. Special weekend activities include a Gospel Festival on Saturday and a Wedding Fair on Sunday.
- Be amazed at some gourds during the 5th Annual Gourdstock Festival. Enjoy some really cool gourd art while also shopping around, watching demos and relaxing at Bates Nut Farm.
- Sing along at the San Diego Aca-fest on Saturday. Think Pitch Perfect and you’ll have a ball at UCSD with all the a cappella groups.
- Get your kilt on for the Scottish Highland Games all weekend. Gather with the clans and be thoroughly Scottish for the weekend at this cool annual event.
- Scrap on at the Scrapbook Expo all weekend at Town & Country Resort. Get some ideas, learn new techniques and make some memories (and save them too!).
- Show your pride Oceanside for the Oceanside Independence Day Parade. Get out and see all the pomp and circumstance on Saturday!
- Enjoy some culture at Balboa Park’s International Cottages and their Lawn Program on Sunday. House of Argentine hosts the afternoon of food, dance and music.
- Have fun with food at the Taste of Adams Avenue on Sunday. Enjoy the likes of 30 gastronomical stops while enjoying a cool part of town.
Like staying in the know? Make sure to follow our newsletter! You get a weekly roundup of happenings around San Diego and much more!