Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (June 21 and June 22, 2014):
- Watch boats of all shapes and sizes at the San Diego International Boat Show all weekend. You’ll have a lot to see (over 150 boats) and even more activities to do.
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Surf Craft at Mingei International Museum, Manifestations of Sibyl Redux at La Jolla Athenaeum, and Bay Park Press Interns at La Jolla Athenaeum. Closing this weekend: Yumi Climenson at Spanish Village Art Center (closes Monday), Secrets and Lies at MCASD: Downtown and Eva Struble: Produce at MCASD: Downtown.
- Drink some beer at the San Diego County Fair this weekend. The Beer Festival is going on, along with all the other fun food and activities around Del Mar!
- Join the tour at South Park’s Old House Fair on Saturday. This annual event is great for checking out historic houses in the area, along with enjoying the community.
- Enjoy some Pink Floyd at House of Blues. There will be a Pink Floyd Tribute Band (Which One’s Pink?) on Saturday night and we love it!
- View art and artists at the La Jolla Festival of the Arts. Enjoy art, activities and entertainment all weekend.
- Listen to music at the Fete de la Musique in Balboa Park. And do it for free within the International Cottages on Saturday.
- Put on your heels for the High Heel Race in Hillcrest on Saturday. Compete in the scavenger hunt race for prizes and celebrate your win with the after party.
- Walk around the Art Fair at Myrtle Creek Nursery all weekend. The beautiful gardens are great to walk around, enjoy art and listen to some music.
- Go to the garden for the Fairy Festival on Saturday. The San Diego Botanic Garden hosts a festival perfect for kids and families and all centered around fairies.
Like staying in the know? Make sure to follow our newsletter! You get a weekly roundup of happenings around San Diego and much more!