We heart the Blue Star Program and if you’re a military guy, girl or family, you should too! The program allows active duty Military personnel and their families to go to museums across the country for free from Memorial Day (May 26th) to Labor Day (September 1st). Let the summer of adventures and culture begin!
Remember to bring your Military ID.
Here’s the list of museums in San Diego County participating in the program:
- Barona Cultural Center & Museum
- Escondido History Center
- Gaslamp Museum at the William Heath Davis House
- Heritage of the Americas
- Japanese Friendship Garden
- La Jolla Historical Society
- MCRD Command Museum
- Mingei International Museum
- Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego, Downtown
- Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego, La Jolla
- Museum of Making Music
- Museum of Photographic Arts
- The New Children’s Museum
- Oceanside Museum of Art
- San Diego Archaeological Center
- San Diego Botanic Garden
- San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum
- San Diego Chinese Historical Museum
- San Diego Hall of Champions
- San Diego History Center
- The San Diego Museum of Art
- Veterans Museum and Memorial Center
- Visions Art Museum: Contemporary Quilts + Textiles
- Warner-Carrillo Ranch House
Visit the Blue Star website for a full list of museums across the US.
Like staying in the know? Make sure to follow our newsletter! You get a weekly roundup of happenings around San Diego and much more!