San Diego + beautiful weather + West Coast = awesome sunsets! We have so many amazing places to see sunsets in San Diego. Here’s our list of the best spots:
- Sunset Cliffs. It’s got the name for a reason!
- Top of the Hyatt. Sit with a drink and enjoy the beautiful sky, water and city.
- Mount Soledad. Gorgeous views of San Diego from every direction and perfect as a sunset spot.
- Hotel del Coronado. Coronado is so peaceful and sunsets are simply spectacular from the Del.
- Torrey Pines State Reserve. Do a sunset hike and watch the sky transform from the cliffs.
- Ocean Beach Pier. Beautiful and apparently one of the few places to see the green flash.
- Mount Helix. Drive to the top of Mt. Helix in La Mesa and enjoy the dropping sun!
- Extra: On the water. If you can, watch the sunset from the water. We did a Hornblower sunset cruise through San Diego Bay and it was so amazing (see photo above)!