Kids love San Diego and can you blame them? We have cool amusement parks, museums, theaters, beaches and more all tailored to kids. Most lists have all our amusement parks as the tops. That’s great but for everyone who wants to show their kids a little more culture in San Diego without throwing out millions, here are the 8 great places for kids to have fun and enjoy SD:
- USS Midway Museum. The best museum in San Diego (at least to us). Great for everyone but kids will love exploring and seeing all the cool things on this carrier.
- San Diego Zoo. The Zoo is a must for kids because it’s fun, centrally located and kids can learn a thing or too. And hello? How great is the Skyfari?!
- Reuben H. Fleet Science Center. All of Balboa Park is great for kids and that includes many of the museums. The Fleet Center takes the cake–completely interactive, interesting, fun and all with an IMAX theatre, cafe and store.
- Cabrillo National Monument. Kids will love the views from the tip of Point Loma, along with the trails, tide pools and cool gift shop.
- The New Children’s Museum. If you have young kids, take them to this interactive museum. It does an amazing job merging art, enrichment, activities and entertainment and more importantly, kids have fun!
- Birch Aquarium. This underwater museum has such interesting exhibits and all of it for the kids. And if you have more time, go whale watching, listen to a concert or do one of the other extra activities Birch offers.
- San Diego Model Railroad Museum. It took us a long time to go to this museum because we didn’t think it was a big deal. It’s a top for us now. If you want to see an amazing display of trains, landscapes and cool things, visit the museum.
- Waterfront Park. If you want your kids to have fun for free, take them to this brand spanking new park. Amazing for siting back, relaxing, and letting the kids play.