We love bringing our puppies with us, especially to the beach. Some beaches are more strict than others so instead of getting yelled at, refer to this list for cool dog friendly beaches to take your cuties in San Diego. (Always check signs because sometimes rules change!)
- Cardiff-by-the-Sea, Cardiff State Beach
- Coronado, Dog Beach (right by the Base, on north side)
- Del Mar, Dog Beach
- La Jolla, Black’s Beach (only certain hours)
- La Jolla, La Jolla Cove (only certain hours)
- La Jolla, La Jolla Shores Beach (only certain hours)
- La Jolla, Windansea Beach (only certain hours)
- Mission Bay, Fiesta Island
- Ocean Beach, Dog Beach
In general, dogs are allowed on certain beaches at restricted times so even if you don’t see your favorite beach on this list, check the City of San Diego’s website for more.
What’s your favorite dog beach in San Diego?