Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (May 31 and June 1, 2014):
- Celebrate the beautiful San Diego community at Fiesta del Sol all weekend. Activities, exhibits, food and more fun vendors at this cool annual event.
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Sorolla and America at San Diego Museum of Art. Closing this weekend: Crime Art at SDSU Library, Women Artists of the West at Women’s Museum of California, Richard W. DeRosset at Bonita Library, Collectors in San Diego at Japanese Friendship Garden, Explor-O-Rama at Reuben H. Fleet Science Center and Passion and Virtuosity at USD.
- Walk around the Santee Street Fair all weekend. Over 300 vendors, rides, entertainment and a craft beer festival. Who’s in?
- Play around at the Flying Leatherneck Aviation Museum’s Open Cockpit Days all weekend. It’s the first open weekend of the summer!
- Enjoy your peeps at the Summer SOULstice celebration on Saturday. The University Heights Farmer’s Market will also host activities and veggie meals!
- Watch a flick at the Hillcrest Egyptian Bazaar on Saturday. We love the sense of community, cool shopping finds and movies with this event (Finding Nemo is the movie this year!).
- Eat and drink up at the Bacon and Barrels Festival 2014. For the bacon obsessed, this is a must festival and with its Embarcadero location, how can you go wrong?
- Listen to some beautiful music at the Spreckel’s Organ Pavilion Family Festival on Sunday. Free and great for the whole family.
- Run the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon and 1/2 Marathon with us on Sunday. So much fun to run, walk or watch so choose the option that works for you!
- Get cultured at some museums! If you’re military, take advantage of the Blue Star Program. It just started this week. And if you know of a great military family (and they all are!), make sure they know about this cool program to get in attractions across the US for free this summer.
Like staying in the know? Make sure to follow our newsletter! You get a weekly roundup of happenings around San Diego and much more!