Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (May 10 and 11, 2014):
- Celebrate Mom this weekend for Mother’s Day. Check our blog post or make sure to follow us on Facebook because we’ll post a link to our segment on San Diego Living highlighting fun and free Mother’s Day activities in San Diego!
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Regarding the Disregarded at La Jolla Athenaeum, 12th Annual SDSU Art Council Scholarship Exhibition at La Jolla Athenaeum, and Illusion at Reuben H. Fleet Science Center. Closing this weekend: Sergio Vasquez at Centro Cultural de la Raza, New Members Show at Spanish Village Art Center, A Colorful Life at Museum of Photographic Arts, The Complete Frida Kahlo at Liberty Station, and The Flower Fields in Carlsbad.
- Cut the ribbon at the Waterfront Park Grand Opening on Saturday. Well, watch it cut as we celebrate the largest urban park opening since the 1915 Panama-California Exposition (you know, the one that basically started Balboa Park). We’re pumped!
- Fly a kite at the 66th Annual Ocean Beach Kiwanis Kite Festival on Saturday. After you enjoy the kites, hit the street fair and enjoy all the other cool activities.
- Cleanup at the Rubio’s Coastfest on Saturday. Oceanside is the place for a Rubio’s beach cleanup and party.
- Pick up some goods at the Spring Arts and Crafts Sale at Bernardo Winery all weekend. Over 125 vendors with many cool goods will be in attendance (and you know a winery will give plenty of wine options too!).
- Indulge in some chocolate at the Chocolate Festival 2014. The San Diego Botanic Garden hosts chocolate tastings, demos and more on Saturday!
- Enjoy outdoors with San Diego River Days all weekend. Appreciate our great SD River and partake in cleanups, hikes and more.
- Party like you live in New Orleans at the Gator by the Bay festival all weekend long. We’re talking music, dance and plenty of mouth-watering foods.
- Get cultured at the Asian Cultural Festival on Saturday. Or eat, learn and be entertained by a cool lineup of performances.
Like staying in the know? Make sure to follow our newsletter! You get a weekly roundup of happenings around San Diego and much more!