Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (April 19 and 20, 2014):
- Celebrate with the kids at Birch Spring EGGstravaganza all weekend. The Birch Aquarium’s fun Easter event includes activities to keep the kiddies busy and engaged all afternoon.
- Exhibits. Closing this weekend: Jazz at Visions Art Museum, Intersections at Visions Art Museum, Coast to Coast at Visions Art Museum, Play Days at San Diego Zoo, and Spring into Night at Seaworld.
- Watch some pros at the Del Mar National Horse Show all weekend. This fun annual show at the Del Mar Fairgrounds has only just begun! Enjoy the first weekend.
- Pick up some goods at the Julian Arts and Crafts Fair on Saturday…like for the Easter baskets on Sunday.
- Take a bite out of the town at Taste of Hillcrest on Saturday. Yummy food and community? That’s a win!
- Dance the Downtown Abbey Ball on Saturday. The San Diego Vintage Dance Society hosts this fabulous throwback dance.
- Stuff yourself before the game with the San Diego Tailgates. They give you the food and venue before the Padres game on Saturday night but act fast because tickets are scarce!
- Pretend to be a pirate for Sailor Days at the Maritime Museum of San Diego. The special week of special activities ends Sunday so bring the kids before then.
- Get outdoors for National Parks Week! Starting Sunday, enjoy all our national parks for free. Cabrillo National Monument is the close one.
- Party at some more Easter parties. Lots going on between Saturday and Sunday. Our picks: Santee Spring Eggstravaganza on Saturday and Belmont Park Easter EGGstravaganza on Sunday
Like staying in the know? Make sure to follow our newsletter! You get a weekly roundup of happenings around San Diego and much more!