Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (April 12 and 13, 2014):
- Stare at some classy cars at the La Jolla Concours D’Elegance all weekend. Cars galore in La Jolla Cove and that’s just awesome.
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Maritime Impressions at Maritime Museum of San Diego, DNA of Creativity at Oceanside Museum of Art, Rank n’ File at Oceanside Museum of Art, and Wet Birds Don’t Fly at Night at Oceanside Museum of Art. Closing this weekend: 100+Years of Coronado Yachting at Coronado Museum of History and Art, and Pastel Society San Diego at Spanish Village Art Center.
- Learn a few things at the Del Mar Home Improvement Show all weekend. This is a great show for ideas, tips, speakers and more!
- Smell the flowers at Art Alive 2014 all weekend. The San Diego Museum of Art hosts floral artists recreating the many masterpieces around the museum.
- Celebrate spring with the Birch Aquarium Springfest on Sunday. We love this evening of live music at the Aquarium.
- Play with the kids during Sailor Days. The Maritime Museum of San Diego hosts great activities and fun for kids all weekend.
- Get your fatty acids at the Fallbrook Avocado Festival on Sunday. This cool annual event is a great way to get out, enjoy community and pick up some deliciousness too.
- Explore the San Diego Botanic Garden with ArtFest 2014 this weekend. There are a lot of activities scheduled but our favorite is a contest where 20 artists compete to create a drawing in an allotted time.
- Have some fun at the Third Avenue Village Street Faire on Sunday in Chula Vista. The lineup includes entertainment, food, vendors and activities for kids.
- Enjoy the sea breeze at Port of San Diego’s Free Day at the Docks. Fun activities are planned for this family friendly event on Sunday.
Like staying in the know? Make sure to follow our newsletter! You get a weekly roundup of happenings around San Diego and much more!