San Diego is the ultimate spring break destination. We literally have everything: warm weather, beaches, museums, amusement parks, beautiful people. Need we go on?
Here are the best ways to enjoy spring break in San Diego, whether you’re a traveler or a local:
- Balboa Park. Museums, gardens, theaters, hiking trails and more. Budget notable for locals and military: Residents Free Tuesday. Budget notables for locals and visitors: International Cottages and Spreckels Organ Pavilion.
- Farmer’s Markets
- Friday Night Liberty
- Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego: Downtown and La Jolla
- San Diego Crew Classic this weekend.
- San Diego Brew Classic this Sunday.
- La Jolla Concours d’Elegance (April 11-13).
- The Water Conservation Garden. The Butterfly Festival happens this Saturday and is great for families.
- San Diego Safari Park. Butterfly Jungle starts this Saturday!
- Petco Park
- Cabrillo National Monument
- San Diego Zoo. The Zoo has Play Days going on for all you spring breakers!
- Anza-Borrego Desert State Park
- Chocolate Festival at the San Diego Maritime Museum (April 12-13).
- Central Library. Free yoga this Saturday morning.
- Belmont Park
- Lady Bug Day 2014 at San Diego Botanic Garden this Saturday.
- The Flower Fields in Carlsbad.
- College Campuses. Spend some time with your kids or explore new learning centers.
- V Elements Festival this Saturday.
- Whale watching with Birch Aquarium.
- Old Town
- Art Alive at The San Diego Museum of Art (April 11-13).
- Go for a picnic. How about Mission Bay?
- Poway Spring Family Festival
- Seaport Village
- The New Children’s Museum. Every second Sunday is Target Free Sunday!
- Mission Trails Regional Park
- Seaworld. Spring into Night starts today!
- Port of San Diego’s Day at the Docks (April 13).
Check out the video of me on San Diego Living!
What are your favorite San Diego spring break spots?