Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (March 1 and 2, 2014):
- Explore the San Diego Spring Home/Garden Show at the Del Mar Fairgrounds all weekend. It’ll be indoors and full of fun ideas for your home and garden.
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Lumen, Shadows and Chroma at Mission Trails Regional Park, 8th Annual Plein Air Invitational at Borrego Art Institute and 39th Annual Small Image Art Competition at Spanish Village Art Center. Closing this weekend: Borrego Springs Art Guild Show at Borrego Art Institute (ends today) and ABF Annual Photo Contest at Borrego Art Institute..
- See some flowers at the Carlsbad Flower Fields starting tomorrow. The spring season opens March 1st and goes all season long for a great San Diego activity.
- Help support the end of violence against women and girls at the V-Day San Diego Event at the Women’s Museum of California. The Saturday event will feature a few showing of the Vagina Monologues.
- Pick your favorite at the Best Picture Showcase on Saturday. The AMC Fashion Valley and AMC Mission Valley will both show Oscar nominees for best picture so you can be all ready with your front runners before Sunday night.
- Play outdoors at the San Diego Bird Festival all weekend. Some activities have been changed due to rain but as of now, the Sunday free family day is still on.
- Watch some films at the San Diego Bicycle Film Festival today and tomorrow. We loved their free bicycle delivery grams and we also love their lineup of films.
- Take your dog or cat to the San Diego Pet Expo on Saturday. The Del Mar Fairgrounds hosts exhibits, activities, pet owners and their companions for this fun and informative event.
- Go to the circus–Circus Vargas that is. Enjoy this giant circus all weekend before it leaves for Temecula.
- Attend a Red Carpet Oscar Party on Sunday. The Coronado Film Festival presents a fun Oscar party where you can dress as your favorite stars. Love it!
Are you following our newsletter? Our Spring San Diego Guide is coming out for free on Monday for all newsletter subscribers. So many articles and fun ways to enjoy SD in the spring! Sign up on the left sidebar or here.