Here are 10 fun things to do in San Diego this weekend (December 7 and 8, 2013):
- Go to December Nights. Today and tomorrow. Balboa Park. Winter concerts, activities, entertainment, food and more.
- Exhibits. Opening this weekend: Coffee: The World in Your Cup at San Diego Natural History Museum (just opened) and Wood Turners of San Diego at Spanish Village Art Center (just opened). Closing this weekend: Rites of Passage at San Diego Museum of Man.
- Celebrate 100 years with Cabrillo National Monument. The Cabrillo Centennial Celebration was scheduled awhile ago but thanks to a certain shutdown of a major entity in all our lives, it got cancelled. We’re thankful Cabrillo rescheduled! Go for all sorts of cool activities over the weekend.
- Join the group at the Pearl Harbor Survivor Remembrance Ceremony at USS Midway on Saturday. The annual ceremony includes wreaths, prayers and a gunfire salute.
- Watch the activities at the 50th Anniversary North Park Toyland Parade on Saturday. Seriously, what can get better than a holiday parade?
- Get in the holiday mood in Chula Vista for the Third Avenue Holiday in the Village. Happening on Saturday, this wintery night features Santa, caroling, ugly sweaters and more.
- Shop at a holiday craft fair. There are a few options this weekend, including the Ocean Beach Craft Fair and the Christmas Collective at the San Diego Convention Center.
- Bring the kids to the Del Mar Mini Maker Faire on Saturday. This event celebrates DIY’ers with art, crafts, technology, music, science and more.
- See the Littly Italy Tree Lighting and stay for the Christmas Village on Saturday. Free Italian cookies are incentive enough for us to join in on the fun!
- Marvel at boats during the 42nd Annual San Diego Bay Parade on Sunday. More than 80 of them will be parading thru the Bay all decorated with pretty lights. We like this.
There are WAY more cool holiday events this weekend like a pet parade in the Gaslamp, a walkabout in South Park and a few holiday home tours…search the calendar to see those and more!