Veterans Day is next Monday…Make sure you honor and celebrate this special day! Here are some things to do for Veterans Day weekend in San Diego this year:
- Watch the San Diego Veterans Day Parade on Monday.
- Visit the San Diego Veterans Museum and Memorial Center.
- Join the San Marcos Veterans Day Ceremony on Monday.
- Run the 3rd Annual Oceanside National Veterans Day Run on Monday.
- Eat at the buffet at Pechanga Resort & Casino. On Monday, Military (both veterans and active duty) get to eat at the buffet for free.
- Honor veterans at Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery. We know a few amazing people here.
- Thank a veteran. We all know veterans. Give your thanks for their service.
- Spend some time at the USS Midway Museum. The Museum is a great place to celebrate and understand those who served in the military, plus if you’re active duty military, you get free admission!
- Visit Mt. Soledad Veterans Memorial.
- Walk around NTC Liberty Station. There are a lot of great memorial areas here.
- Watch the Fallbrook Veterans Day Parade on Monday.
- Give blood with the USS Midway on Monday for their San Diego Blood Bank Blood Drive.
- Run the Operation Run- Veterans Day Run on Monday.
- Join the Salute to Service Festival on Monday.
Know of any other great ways to honor our veterans? Let us know!