Thanksgiving is almost here! Everyone in San Diego already has a lot to be thankful for (hello, no bad stormy weather! We hope for some rain though…). If you need some more inspiration, start planning fun things to do over the Thanksgiving holiday and weekend.
Here are some fun and awesome things to do for Thanksgiving weekend in San Diego:
See Some Art. Some exhibits on our to-do list for the weekend:
- Behind the Glamour: The Women Who Built the Industry at Women’s Museum of California (Closed Thanksgiving; open Friday-Sunday with special late hours on Saturday until 6pm)
- 100+ Years of Coronado Yachting at Coronado Museum of History and Art (Closed Thanksgiving; normal hours all weekend. We’re reviewing this museum in our San Diego Winter Guide coming soon!)
- Please Be Seated at Mingei International Museum (Closed Thanksgiving; normal hours all weekend)
Go Ice Skating. Burn some of the calories from the big meal tomorrow? Yes please! Festive places to go:
- Horton Plaza. Open already!
- Hotel del Coronado. Opened today!
- Viejas. Open already!
Listen to Some Music. Now is the acceptable time to start listening to holiday music. We’ve been listening since 95.7 KISS FM started earlier this month! We love them for their holiday mix.
Enjoy a Festive Drinking Party. Organize your own or join the SantaCon 2013 on Saturday.
Get Out in the Community. Volunteering is a great thing to do this weekend. Supporting communities is a nice thing too whether it be at the SoNo Fest and Chili Cook-off in the North Park/South Park area or the special 5-hour Organ Pavilion concert to aid the San Diego Red Cross.
Learn Some History. Good places to go:
- Rancho Guajome Adobe (they’ll be decorated for Christmas this weekend)
- Cabrillo National Monument
- Old Town
Watch Some Playoff High School Football. There’ll be some great games happening Friday night. We’re Chargers fans but we’re also realistic…it’ll be more fun on Friday night than Sunday.
What are you planning for Thanksgiving weekend?