“I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.”
–Henry David Thoreau
Be just like Thoreau–here are the best places to get your pumpkins in San Diego:
- Bates Nut Farm: This place is awesome with rides, animals and a straw maze. I wish I were there right now.
- Farm Stand West: Pumpkins. They have them; you want them. Go if you’re in Escondido.
- Julian Mining Company: Not only can you get your pumpkin here but you can also partake in hayrides and marshmallow wars!
- Lavender Hill Pumpkins: One of their website tabs is “Pumpkin is the new bacon.” Now, how can you not support that?
- Mountain Valley Ranch: Corn maze, antique photo opps, petting zoo and pumpkins to your heart’s content.
- Pelzer Farms: train rides, corn mazes and everything you’d want in a pumpkin patch.
- Pumpkin Station: 6 different locations throughout San Diego and each has rides and more. Locations: Bonita, Chula Vista, Del Mar, El Cajon, Mission Valley, National City, Rancho Bernardo.
- Summer’s Past Farm: enjoy our wonderful weather while picking out a pumpkin at this East County farm.
- Suzie’s Farm: Pumpkin Palooza this Saturday is a great way to get your pumpkin or visit the farm any Saturday in October from 10am to 2pm.
- Van Ommering Dairy Farm: Oma’s Pumpkin Patch is up and running in Lakeside Tuesdays thru Saturdays.