There are a lot of things happening for Saint Patrick’s Day in San Diego. For all you Irish and honorary Irish, here are the events happening around town to celebrate:
- San Diego St. Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival. This is the big event happening in Balboa Park on Saturday (March 16). There’s a parade and many festivities happening throughout the day. Starts at 9am. Click here for more.
- Hooley Fest. Starting at 6pm on Saturday night, Hooley Fest brings live bands to their Irish pubs in Rancho San Diego and La Mesa. They even offer free rides home for anyone within a 5 mile radius of the pubs! Click here for the schedule of bands.
- St. Patty’s Day Races. There are a few going on throughout the weekend in San Diego. Hooleys to Hooleys Half-Marathon takes you between the two Irish pubs. You get to celebrate with tacos and beer…they also have a 5k! The St. Patrick’s Day 10k Run, with 2 and 4 mile run/walk options, takes place in Mission Bay. The Color Me Irish 5k is part Color Run, part Obstacle Run and all fun in Temecula. The Temecula St. Patrick’s Day 15k gets you running through the vineyards in Temecula.
- Zane Patrick’s Day at McFadden’s. Tickets get you into the Irish pub, access to the open bar, live Irish music, games and contests on Saturday. Click here for more.
- St. Patty’s Cruise. From the Bahia Hotel Resort, this cruise takes you on the William D. Evans steamboat where you can eat, drink and be merry Saturday night. Click here for more.
- 16th Annual Shamrock San Diego. Taking over the streets of the Gaslamp on Sunday for this block party, Shamrock features live bands, DJs, food, fun and plenty of beer. Click here for more.
- 34th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Open Reading of Irish Poetry and Prose. At D.G. Wills Books, anyone can read their favorite selection of poetry or prose as long as it’s by an Irish author! Happening on Sunday night. Click here for more.
- North County St. Patrick’s Day Parade. On Saturday in Vista, the schedule of events includes the parade, a celtic concert, a beer garden, crowning of Miss North County Celtic Queen and limerick readings. Click here for more.